Have you created a sensory marketing strategy for your mobile advertising? We always talk about the reader experience–enhancing your readers’ sensory experience can take your digital advertising to a whole new level.
You need to set goals first to determine what you want to accomplish with your sensory strategy. Should it be fun? What about the element of surprise? Determine what combination will work best for your niche audience.
Here are 4 areas to consider when developing a sensory marketing strategy for mobile advertising:
- Visuals/Sound: What kinds of visuals and sounds would best appeal to readers in your niche? For example, a birding magazine might purposefully incorporate bird sounds into their digital ad space in some way. Or would your readers want a visual “reward” as if playing a game?
- Movement: Think like a video gamer playing on an app: It can be very engaging to move and twist the mobile device. How can your publication get creative with this feature?
- Touch: Users are constantly touching their mobile device screens. How can you enhance the reader experience with the use of touch? Think of the different ways your users navigate your content. Doesn’t a swipe feel different than a tap?
- Frequency: The last thing you want to do is annoy your readers. A mobile device, unlike a desktop, can be with the user at all times. Test out the optimum level of frequency and timing of your mobile ads so that your readers engage with you vs tune you out.
Also drill down into your audience data to learn the real differences between how your readers engage with your digital ads on mobile devices vs desktop. Those insights combined with your sensory marketing strategy may lead you to a whole new level of digital advertising success!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast……who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah -also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
– Web: NicheMediaHQ.com
– Blog: Niche Media HQ
– Twitter: @NicheMediaH
– Facebook: NicheMediaHQ
– LinkedIn: Niche Media Inc & Niche Media Network
– YouTube: NicheMediaHQ
– Google+: +NicheMediaHQ
Image from freedigitalphotos.net