Branded e-newsletters are one of the fastest growing revenue streams for niche publishers. They offer so much flexibility in terms of timing, sizes, style and content. It’s the perfect way to connect with your niche.
Since you are publishers, we are going to assume you know the mechanics of producing an e-newsletter. But how do you take yours to the next level and knock it outta the park?
Here are 5 tips for creating a GREAT e-newsletter:
- Content: You must have compelling content or no one will read you. Make sure you have different writers/voices within your business represented. Test out content with sidebars.
- Quality: The tone, design and visual style of the newsletter should truly reflect who you are as an organization.
- Consistency: Decide on a schedule of when and how often and stick to it if you want to create a committed community of readers.
- Revenue: Provide opportunities for sponsored advertising. But the key is to inform, not sell.
- Data: Listen to your audience. Analyze your subscriber data to order to be more responsive their needs.
You can also check out e-newsletters you admire and enjoy reading to get ideas–because the whole point is for your subscribers to actually look forward to receiving your newsletter in their in-box, right?
P.S. Very important: Make sure your newsletter is easily read on mobile devices too.
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast……who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah – just launched a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
– Web: NicheMediaHQ.com
– Blog: Niche Media HQ
– Twitter: @NicheMediaH
– Facebook: NicheMediaHQ
– LinkedIn: Niche Media Inc & Niche Media Network
– YouTube: NicheMediaHQ
– Google+: +NicheMediaHQ
Image from freedigitalphotos.net