Ok, so you understand video is an important way to connect to your readers. You have even compiled a “library” of some really great videos with amazing content.
So how the heck do you maximize your video content’s sharability and engagement factor so all your amazing content gets watched?!?
Mike Bannan, COO of IDEA Health & Fitness Association and recent speaker at the Niche Digital Conference has a powerful short list for you:
GOAL: To maximize “shareability” value of your video content.
You mission, if you choose to embrace it:
Mike’s 8 Turbo-boosts for creating super-shareable video content
- Be attractive. Have a good thumbnail/poster frame.
- Be easily shareable. Walk a mile in your readers’ shoes. Share your content and see if it works and is easy!
- Be short. Brief, to the point, nutshell, snapshot, you get the picture.
- Be controversial. Don’t be afraid to make your case, stand out from the crowd.
- Be emotional. Staying true to who you are as an organization is key.
- Tie to other content. Connect your content to other content—when it makes sense!
- Be simple. Don’t try too hard, don’t get too complicated. You only have a few seconds to grab attention and make your point.
- Have a reason to exist! Create video content that means something to you, not just for the sake of doing it. The audience can spot a lack of authenticity on the spot.
If you can achieve these 8 qualities above with your video production, your magazine’s video content will take off into the stratosphere!
More about Mike: As COO of IDEA Health & Fitness Association, the world’s largest membership organization of fitness professionals, his focus is exclusively digital. IDEAfit.com contains over 5,000 articles, hundreds of streaming videos, and an online learning center. Mike increased site visitors, engagement, and conversion 300% in just two years.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah – just launched a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net