What’s love got to do with it? It’s pretty much everything for those of us in the niche publishing.
When you work in niche media, it’s a requirement that you need to love what you do. And we all know that niche love extends to our audience and they send their passionate devotion right back.
Top 10 reasons to love niche magazine publishers
- They are interesting, original and entrepreneurial; bonus points for being a little quirky.
- Successful niche publishers understand their niche better than anyone else. They will go where no publisher has gone before!
- They looooove new revenue generation ideas and embrace creative ways to drive it.
- Niche media companies give a voice to and fill the need of their unique audience. Their readers return the love with passion and dedication.
- 99% of the niche publishers out there have a wonderful sense of humor.
- They work really, really, really hard to achieve their big goals and usually do it with a very small team.
- Niche publishers roll with the punches! There has been plenty of disruption in the publishing industry and they are not afraid of re-inventing themselves.
- Small-to-medium sized publishers don’t put up with alot of B.S.! They really can’t afford, (literally), to put up with a bunch of nonsense and wasted effort.
- They are super-creative thinkers. Not bound by giant media corporation conventions, niche magazine publishers embrace new ideas better than most.
- Niche publishing pros love to network– and share their experiences and ideas with their peers. (Shameless plug for Super Niche in Nashville in March.)
So that’s our heartfelt Valentine to you, niche magazine peeps. We think you rock!
Editor’s note: This post has been updated since 2013.
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has the best events, education, and training in media! Our super niched-out events & content give target-audience publishers in the B2C, hobbyist, B2B, city & regional, and association markets the tools they need to build revenue, audience, and more.