Yes, it’s true–Our human brains process video 60,000 times faster than text.
As niche marketers, we know that video can improve audience engagement, attract new web traffic, improve sales leads and even drive conversions.
So what’s important when creating effective video content?
- Find the right people. You need a quality vendor and the right, dynamic host for your audience. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.
- Use humor. Funny makes it memorable–but the humor must be appropriate.
- Be authentic. Human=good, robotic=bad. And don’t focus on promotion, focus on how you can inform and entertain your viewers.
- Have an end-strategy before you begin. It is critical to have your goals pre-determined. How will you measure the video’s success? Develop a distribution strategy in the planning stage.
- Remember that you will have new viewers. It may be their first time learning about you. Don’t forget to tell your audience what you do!
And finally, here’s an intriguing infographic from Syndcast: 2015 Video Marketing Statistics and Trends
- 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with best ROI
- 65% of video viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video
Bonus tip: Using the word “Video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
Want to learn more about how video can generate revenue? Here’s one of our past popular posts on video: 5 Great Revenue-Generating Ideas With Video!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net