We all know that in 2015, the use of mobile devices to consume our digital content is up over 125,000 percent. We might be exaggerating slightly, but you get the point. More to our point, your niche audience is consuming multiple streams of of multiple forms of your content in multiple ways. Mega-multiple.
So how do you optimize the reader experience on mobile? If all your niche content is now viewed in fragmented form, how do you ensure your audience can easily connect the dots between content, community and commerce?
Here’s some facts to consider when crafting the ultimate user experience:
- Always keep in mind that your readers are using multiple mobile devices and readers quickly switch back and forth. Make it easy for them to do so: No navigation nightmares, please.
- Because of mobile, users can jump in and out very easily. They can focus, snack on content, scan or monitor–basically consume your content any way they want, 24-7. Active data tracking will tell you the best ways to give your audience what they want.
- How and how quickly they can share your information has also changed. Are you giving them all the social media tools they need and want to quickly share your content and engage with you?
- Crafting great content can change typical user reactions for the better. For example, a native advertising program done right can actually help the reader vs automatically repel them.
- Surveys, interviews and A/B testing are still some of the best ways to find out what your readers want to see in terms of responsive design AND the varying forms of content.
Yes, it’s a challenging new digital world to navigate through the jungle of apps, mobile devices, social media and content creation, (oh my!) all while trying to ensure your messaging doesn’t get lost.
But don’t despair. Part of the beauty of creating the ultimate user experience is that your content and their engagement can happen in real time, all the time. Welcome to the 5th dimension…
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast……who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah -also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
– Web: NicheMediaHQ.com
– Blog: Niche Media HQ
– Twitter: @NicheMediaH
– Facebook: NicheMediaHQ
– LinkedIn: Niche Media Inc & Niche Media Network
– YouTube: NicheMediaHQ
– Google+: +NicheMediaHQ
Image from freedigitalphotos.net