Are you trying to find new ways to repurpose your content within your own team without busting the budget on a pricey digital asset management system?
At the Niche CEO Summit earlier this year, publishers shared how they are finding great success by selling their archives online to current and new readership. But many niche publishers are realizing there are new opportunities out there to repurpose and monetize their archive content even further.
Start by digging into your Google Analytics and other data to see what’s resonated over time with your audience. Brainstorm with your team on ways to update your archived content.
Here’s 10 genius ideas for creating new revenue streams and new, branded products from those archives:
1. Use archives to generate ideas for sponsored podcasts. Podcasts are easy to do and inexpensive to make. It’s one more touchpoint with your audience.
2. Offer a “How-To” series of live webinars based on archived content. (Also another opportunity for sponsorship.)
3. Publish special anniversary issues. Use your archives to make meaningful, interesting connections for your readers from the past to the present.
4. Release themed issues. Look for themes in your archived content that you can integrate in new ways.
5. Create a leadership series. Pull out any past leader profiles and create a new content series. Update and add in new profiles too.
6. Create new guides, case studies and whitepapers. Look for ways to break down your content into smaller nuggets of helpful information.
7. Got stats? Did you actively tweet them the first go-round? If not, do so now.
8. Distribute infographics from archived content. Sift your content down into easily digestible bites and let the creative juices flow with eye-catching graphics.
9. Turn your content into a video. Post in Facebook and YouTube.
10. Produce a video from archived material. You can post videos on multiple channels.
Sure, your team is slammed already, there’s a looming deadline and you have so much to do in the present. But maybe you’ve missed some revenue-generating content opportunities in the past. Here’s your second, third and fourth chance!
What profitable ways are you going to repurpose and monetize your content this year? Share with us!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments!
– Web: NicheMediaHQ.com
– Blog: Niche Media HQ
– Twitter: @NicheMediaH
– Facebook: NicheMediaHQ
– LinkedIn: Niche Media HQ & Niche Media Network
– YouTube: NicheMediaHQ
– Google+: +NicheMediaHQ
Image from freedigitalphotos.net