Memories (that fade in 24 hours), Stickers, Chat 2.0, oh my! As magazine publishers, how do you determine the right social media channels to use — that will best resonate with your niche audience?
With SO many new platforms out there, we came across helpful articles from Tech.Co and TechCrunch that summarize the newest, the best, what works and what doesn’t.
Here’s some of the highlights of the biggest new features of 2016:
- Google+, why are you still here?
- The largest, most used networks have begun to converge into similar models.
- Live streaming is the latest, hot new thing. Facebook just released a live audio streaming functionality.
- Twitter introduces 360-degree video live streaming.
- Watch out Craigslist, Facebook’s Marketplace is coming for you. (Ok, so it’s more like watch out LetGo and the other dozen or so apps that have popped up in the last year that focuses on selling/buying local stuff.)
- Instagram is currently on the social media warpath to take as many of Snapchat’s features and cram it into their app.
- GIF integration–everyone loves gifs, and Twitter knew it. Now you can easily add in gifs to your tweets through desktop or the mobile apps.
What new social media strategy are you going to implement in 2017? Share with us!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Check out the all new Super Niche Media Event, March 27-29, 2017!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net