Video can improve audience engagement, attract new web traffic and drive sales leads and conversions for your advertisers. So is video a big part of your ad program? And are you confident in selling it to your advertisers?
Here are 7 savvy ways for you to help your advertisers maximize video with your magazine:
- Include video interviews for advertisers as part of a integrated ad package, and as an up-sell, make it available on your site, their site, and on DVD for offline mailing.
- Create a “daily video tip” to drive sales. Advertisers like the exposure, and they are also your best experts. Have them pay to be the expert in a section on your site and record their answers to submitted questions.
- Use Tweets as a part of the video package. “When you buy from us we can Tweet a link to your videos and your website to our audience.” This is a HUGE benefit – don’t give it away for free!
- Use custom Facebook tabs to offer new video product launches for your advertisers. Tabs can be simple HTML creations with embedded videos. Keep the run short: 7-10 days.
- Learn how to how to optimize your advertisers’ video for better performance with each distinct audience on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. From Social Media Examiner: How to customize your videos for popular social media networks
- Need a quick how-to on using native video ads effectively? Here’s a good one from Andy Beohar and business.com on How to capitalize on native video advertising
- Check out this publisher’s wise video insights in The Stats Don’t Lie! Monetizing Video with Tim Hermes
Finally, if you are selling video and your advertisers skeptical, share these powerful statistics with them:
- Our human brains process video 60,000 times faster than text.
- 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with best ROI
- 65% of video viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video
So become a video expert and watch your sales increase. Do you have some cool ways you are selling video to your advertisers? Share with us!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Check out the all new Super Niche in Charlotte, March 27-29, 2017!
– Web: NicheMediaHQ.com
– Blog: Niche Media HQ
– Twitter: @NicheMediaH
– Facebook: NicheMediaHQ
– LinkedIn: Niche Media HQ & Niche Media Network
– YouTube: NicheMediaHQ
– Google+: +NicheMediaHQ
Image from freedigitalphotos.net