Show me the Viewability! That’s what every digital niche publisher (and every one of their advertisers) is talking about. Remember last year’s “native advertising” buzz?
This year it’s all about how well your content and advertising is viewed on mobile devices. Here are 3 great posts from Ad Age on the topic to get you up to speed.
- Digital publishers are redesigning their websites so content and ads are not just simpatico with mobile, but ridiculously easy to view and navigate–and fast!
- Viewable also means bot-free.
- Advertisers are now often requiring to have ads meet the MRC viewability standard (at least 50% of the ad viewable for one second).
- Banners don’t meet the viewability challenge on most levels.
- Digital publishers who can guarantee viewability are going to have preference with advertisers over publishers who can’t offer that.
From Ad Age:
Publishers’ view: Digital Publishers Redesign for Viewability
Advertisers’ view: Show Me the Viewability!
Your Advertisers’ and Customers’ view: You Wouldn’t Accept 70% Performance Elsewhere, So Why Should We With Viewability?
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast……who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah -also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net