The evolving market means that you, as a super salesperson, needs to be well-educated in how to best market content and create native advertising campaigns that will connect advertisers’ brands to your niche magazine audience.
Not so easy! You already have the pressure of your sales goals. You are making monthly progress and talking to new prospects. But does it sometimes feel like the same old thing, like you could be doing something more?
Here are 5 tips to set you apart from the pack:
- Create a Winning Sales Call Process. Prospecting for new business is never easy but when you are successful, it sets you apart from the rest. Yes, even the top guns still do cold calls.
- Become the Data Genius. Drill down into your demographics to share some info your client doesn’t already know. Show them how you will carefully track the performance of the their campaigns. More here: Data-driven selling for success
- Sell the outcome, not the product. Advertisers are focused on results. Clearly define KPI’s with each client from the start. Update them regularly with mini-results too.
- Meet ALL the clients’ needs. Marketing budgets have way more line items than the old days; instead of print vs digital, there’s social media channels, video, and more. Make sure you anticipate the needs of your client in every segment.
- Brainstorm about niching your niche. Does your audience data indicate there may be some missed opportunities for their advertising in your potential vertical markets? Explore the possibilities together!
Sales pros are always looking for some new way to set themselves apart. Your long-term success hinges on the strength of your sales effort!
P.S. Are you ready to take your sales career to the next level? (Shameless plug alert!) We are offering an all new Sales Management Master Class this year at Super Niche in March 27, 2017. It’s a laser-focused full day, led by an all-star sales management team to help accelerate your sales performance. Plus there’ll be ample time for real-world discussion and problem-solving.
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Check out the all new Super Niche Media Event, March 27-29, 2017!
– Web: NicheMediaHQ.com
– Blog: Niche Media HQ
– Twitter: @NicheMediaH
– Facebook: NicheMediaHQ
– LinkedIn: Niche Media HQ & Niche Media Network
– YouTube: NicheMediaHQ
– Google+: +NicheMediaHQ
Image from freedigitalphotos.net