It happens to every salesperson sometimes. You go through the motions of your sales week, feeling tired and uninspired. So where can you find motivation? There is no magic solution, unfortunately. The cold, hard truth is that the best source of inspiration comes from within you.
The good news is there are steps you can take to lift yourself up and out of a rut.
Here are 7 steps you can take today to turn things around:
- Dive into the discipline. Yep, it’s part of every day. Be consistent about your calls, call-backs and emails so you don’t get stressed about it. Then you are freed up to focus on the bigger goals faster.
- Call a mentor. Talking to someone you admire and respect can lift your mood immediately, remind you why you do what you do.
- Become a mentor. Motivating and helping others is a sure way to give you purpose and get you pumped up. Nothing’s better than sharing your expertise with someone with less experience to give you a fresh perspective.
- Set personal goals. In addition to your professional goals, set personal goals for growth. Learning something new will refresh you. And don’t forget to reward yourself once you accomplish the goal!
- Focus 15 daily. Take 15 minutes of each day to focus on new motivational or industry reading, a podcast, webinar, etc. Learning about others’ ideas will spark your own.
- Share your stories. Contact other successful salespeople and share your best success stories or lessons learned from failures. Whether it’s the fond memories of “that great sale” or how you overcame obstacles, the camaraderie will invigorate you.
- Manage up. Not happy about something? Stop whining and influence your boss. Affecting change within your own work environment can be very empowering.
Finally, we all know that getting plenty sleep, exercise and eating right helps start off each sales week strong. Try these 7 steps to keep you moving forward!
P.S. When all else fails, try this. Take a moment and breathe!
This is an updated version of a post from Nov. 15, 2015.
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has the best events, education, and training in media! Our super niched-out events & content give target-audience publishers in the B2C, hobbyist, B2B, city & regional, and association markets the tools they need to build revenue, audience, and more.